It’s easier to clean baby bottles in the dishwasher because it thoroughly cleans each part with hot water and disinfects them. But some small parts can get lost if they’re not contained correctly. That’s why you should find the best dishwasher basket for your baby bottles.
As you’ll learn in this article, such dishwasher baskets make cleaning so much easier!
My Top Picks
- Best dishwasher basket for Dr. Brown’s bottles – Dr. Brown’s Options Dishwasher Basket
- Best dishwasher basket for Comotomo bottles – Boon Dishwasher Basket Clutch
- Best dishwasher basket for Avent bottles – Munchkin High Capacity Dishwasher Basket
- Best dishwasher basket for Tommee Tippee bottles – OXO Tot Dishwasher Basket
- Best dishwasher basket for MAM bottles – Summer Infant BPA-Free Quick load dishwasher basket
- Best overall dishwasher basket (for all other bottle brands) – Prince Lionheart Complete Dishwasher Basket System
- Best runner-up dishwasher basket (for all other bottle brands) – Better Houseware 2030
- My Top Picks
- Do I need a dishwasher basket for baby bottles?
- Best dishwasher baskets for different bottle brands
- For Dr Brown’s bottles – Dr. Brown’s Options Dishwasher Basket for Standard Baby Bottle Parts
- For Comotomo bottles – Boon Dishwasher Basket Clutch
- For Avent bottles – Munchkin High Capacity Dishwasher Basket
- For Tommee Tippee bottles – OXO Tot Dishwasher Basket
- For MAM bottles – Summer Infant BPA-Free Quick load dishwasher basket
- Overall best for all other bottle brands – Prince Lionheart Complete Dishwasher Basket System
- Runner-up for all other bottle brands – Better Houseware 2030
- What to consider when buying a bottle dishwasher basket
- How to use bottle dishwasher basket
- Do you need a dishwasher basket for bottle parts?
- Wrap up
Do I need a dishwasher basket for baby bottles?
Yes, you will need a dishwasher basket for baby bottles. Many bottles, especially anti-colic bottles, have many small parts that need to be separated for cleaning. A dishwasher basket is an ideal way to keep nipples, caps, vents, and bottles loose and together in one place.
Best dishwasher baskets for different bottle brands
Since many bottle manufacturers have moved away from traditional shapes and lengths of bottles, conventional baskets might not work for washing bottles. Some of the little parts might fall through the grates and get lost.
The solution is to find a basket that’s specifically designed for the bottle brand you’re using. Once you’ve established if your particular bottle is dishwasher safe, the next step is to find the right basket. Let’s have a look at the best options for the most common bottle types.
For Dr Brown’s bottles – Dr. Brown’s Options Dishwasher Basket for Standard Baby Bottle Parts
Considering that most of Dr. Brown bottles are dishwasher-safe, now you need to find a matching basket. Dr. Brown’s dishwasher basket has been around for a long time and is a standard-sized basket used by many parents who use the bottles. The good news is, the open design allows for both Dr. Brown’s and other brands fit quite easily.
You can fit 3 sets of standard parts from Dr. Brown’s bottle. There’s no concern for parts falling out or not getting washed properly as it’s designed for water to reach every possible corner.
- Made from durable plastic
- Toxin-free (No BPA)
- Easy to use
- Accommodates different brands
- Only accommodates 3 bottles at a time
- Not flexible enough
For Comotomo bottles – Boon Dishwasher Basket Clutch
With its clamshell design, this basket keeps everything snugly in place, keeping items from falling over. It can easily hold 6 large or 14 small nipples with space for 8 bottle parts. With its small round shape, it’s easy to fit into any dishwasher. Since Comotomo bottles are made from silicone and can be squished together, you can fit quite a few in!
- Easily holds 14 small nipples
- Ergonomic design
- Might be too small for sippy cups
For Avent bottles – Munchkin High Capacity Dishwasher Basket
This dishwasher basket is one of the more popular options parents enjoy. With its larger size, it accommodates a whole variety of different bottles. While there are slots for 14 feeder nipples, more can be placed inside the actual compartment. Various compartments make it easy to pack all the parts for an easy wash!
- Designated straw rack
- BPA-free construction
- Larger size is more accomodating
- Plastic thinner than competitors
For Tommee Tippee bottles – OXO Tot Dishwasher Basket
Many parents consider this spacious and simple design as one of the top options for keeping bottles clean. Arranging items in the basket is easy and there’s space for everything from nipples to sippy cups. By the way, have you read my article on sippy cups vs bottles?
It easily holds 8 feeder nipples and with its open design leaves space for any additional small items. It’s stable, BPA-free and quite affordable and ideal for smaller bottles like the Tommee Tippee options.
- Durable plastic
- Easily holds 8 feeder nipples
- Not suited for longer bottles
For MAM bottles – Summer Infant BPA-Free Quick load dishwasher basket
You have a bottle and you know that all MAM bottles can be washed in the dishwasher.
Despite being one of the bigger and more costly baskets on the market, this product is ideal for parents with many bottles and bottle pieces. Its open-compartment design makes it easy to fit both large and small bottles in. Ideal for sippy cups. The top section is made from silicone making it flexible to hold quite a few small and large nipples.
- Sturdy plastic
- Silicone top
- Open basket design
- Larger size for extra bottles
Overall best for all other bottle brands – Prince Lionheart Complete Dishwasher Basket System
The design of this product features two compartments. One part bottom section allows you to put 8 nipples in a fixed position. The top section has space for bottles, caps and other loose parts. Made from recycled plastic, parents can be assured there’s no risk of toxic plastics!
- Toxin and BPA-free
- Durable plastic
- Different compartments
- Doesn’t have bottom shelf accessibility
Runner-up for all other bottle brands – Better Houseware 2030
As a much larger basket than the others mentioned, this product is slightly different from the standard baby bottle basket. It’s made of metal and coated with plastic, making it more durable than most.
An open basket design makes it easy to fit as many as 10 baby bottle parts. The design doesn’t allow for designated slots for each component, but if you pack them correctly, it will work just as well. At a much lower price than the other units, it’s a budget-friendly option!
- Open basket design – any size baby bottle can fit
- Metal construction makes it durable
- No BPA or other plastic toxins
- Wide gaps where small parts could fall through
- No dedicated slots for nipples
What to consider when buying a bottle dishwasher basket
It’s important to consider a few features of bottle dishwasher baskets before making your decision. Toxic materials could be harmful to your little one and an incorrect size could leave you struggling to get everything to fit. Some of the more important features to consider are listed below.
Bottles, nipples and other accessories are washed on a daily basis. Sometimes, you might wash bottles more than once a day. With that in mind, it means you need a basket that’s durable. Dishwasher bottle baskets are generally made from flimsy plastic. So the trick here is to make sure you choose an option with strong joints. If possible, opt for a denser plastic.
When it comes to the design of a basket, you want something that’s practical. The design you choose will have to accommodate all angles of the various bottle components. You’ll have to consider the sizes of your bottles, nipples and sippy cups and buy a basket that ticks all the blocks.
It’s important to remember that not all nipples have the same shape. Some are wide while others are more narrow. Another factor to consider with design is the number of bottles the basket holds.
On average most parents use 2 or 3 feeder bottles so will need to consider this. If your basket is too small, you’re going to have to wash it more often. If you’re not sure about how many baby bottles you’ll need, you can refer to an article I wrote about it!
The material the basket is made of is equally important. The popular catchphrase when it comes to plastic these days is BPA-free. BPA (Bisphenol A) is a type of toxin that has been prevalent in all types of plastics for many years. Many quality plastic products are now BPA-free while their cheap counterparts are still made with BPA. It’s crucial to opt for a basket that’s BPA-free.
Ease of use
The dishwasher basket is an item you’ll use almost as much as your bottles. It’s important to choose a basket that’s easy to open and close. It also needs to be time-consuming since you need to get bottles ready for the next feeding without too much hassle.
Ideally, you want a basket that you can pop into the dishwasher at the same time you wash your high chair trays. Yes, high chair trays are dishwasher safe! That way everything gets a quick clean for the next feeding.
With so many other items that need buying, you might not have a whole lot of space left in your budget. The good news is, you can get a quality dishwasher bottle basket to suit your budget. Some cheaper, more affordable options will work just as well if you don’t mind not having a dedicated slot for each item.
How to use bottle dishwasher basket
When it comes to baby gear, accessories and equipment, there’s so much learning to be done. Each gadget has its specific way of being assembled and it can be quite challenging to learn them all, but with practice, it does become easier!
Fortunately, placing the parts into the bottle dishwasher basket isn’t difficult. Follow these quick steps and it’ll get done in a matter of minutes.
- The best time to clean your bottle and other feeding items is immediately after feeding.
- Ensure you give the bottle a thorough rinse before placing it in the basket
- Take the bottle apart and rinse the individual parts
- Open your basket and place the parts inside
- Some baskets will have allotted spots for each component
- Close the basket securely and place it as close to the top of the dishwasher as possible
- Items on the top rack will have a gentler wash which means they’re less likely to get damaged
To see just how easy it is to place bottles and components into a dishwasher basket, watch this short clip!
Do you need a dishwasher basket for bottle parts?
You will need a dishwasher basket for all your baby bottle parts to prevent them from getting damaged in the dishwasher. While some parents have said they simply place bottles and accessories inside a pot in the dishwasher, this always presents the risk of lost pieces.
Since most anti-colic bottles can’t work properly without ALL the parts attached, it’s crucial to not lose or damage any. So, while there are several short-cuts you could try, it’s best to use a dishwasher basket to keep everything safe and together at all times! After all, isn’t the aim to make everything easier?
Can you put bottle nipples in the dishwasher?
Always read the manufacturer’s cleaning instructions that come with your baby bottles and relevant components. Most nipples can easily be washed in the dishwasher. Simply place them in the basket on the top rack.
Keep the basket away from the main heat source. Make sure to rinse the items thoroughly before each use.
What are the best dishwasher baskets for bottle nipples?
Having your bottle nipples lost or damaged in the dishwasher can be very frustrating. It’s always important to check the size of your nipples vs the space in the basket you’re considering. The good news is, all the baskets I’ve listed in this article are ideal for bottle nipples.
Some of the more popular options for bottle nipples include the following:
- Munchkin dishwasher basket: Made especially for wide mouth nipples
- OXO Tot dishwasher basket: Easily holds 8 feeder nipples
- Boon dishwasher basket clutch: Holds 6 large feeder nipples or 14 small ones.
I trust the information in this article will help you choose the best dishwasher basket for your particular bottle type. Always consider the length and type of bottles, nipples and caps you’re using.
If you have bottles like Dr. Brown’s with many small components, you’ll need a basket with considerable compartment space. Many different-sized bottles and parts might be easier to wash in an open-designed basket. Washing bottles and intricate little parts just got a whole lot easier!
Last update on 2022-05-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API