If you are in a hurry, the best shoes for Disney for men, women, and kids are sneakers. I recommend the YILAN Toddler Glitter Shoes Girl’s Flashing Sneakers with Cute Bowknot for girls, On Running Men’s Cloud Mesh Trainers for men, and Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Low Top Sneakers for women.
Going around Disney is guaranteed to be fun, but you also need the right footwear. That’s the case because you have a huge area to cover on foot as you look for the rides and other sights available. To select the best ones you need to consider the weather, how long you’ll walk, and the rides you’ll take while there. We have reviewed a few options you can choose from, based on the activities around Disney. Since I have a baby girl, so that’s where I have the most experience, I’ll focus on recommendations for girls in the kid’s category.
My Top Picks
- Best sneakers for girls – YILAN Flashing Sneakers with Cute Bowknot
- Best sandals for girls – iFANS Sweet Dot Bow Princess Sandals
- Best flip-flops for girls – Havaianas Kids Fantasy Sandal
- Best sneakers for men – Converse Chuck Taylor All Star High Top
- Best walking shoes for men – On Running Men’s Cloud Mesh
- Best sandals for men – Teva Men’s Original Universal Sandal
- Best flip-flops for men- Reef Men’s Fanning Flip Flop and Havaianas Men’s Top Sandal Flip Flop
- Best sneakers for women – Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Low Top
- Best walking shoes for women – Skechers Women’s Go Walk Joy
- Best sandals for women – Teva Women’s Verra
- Best flip-flops for women – Havaianas Women’s Top Flip Flop
Why you should visit Disney
Offers time to bond with family
As adults, finding free time to relax with family can be a real challenge at times. By arranging a trip to a place like Disney World with your loved ones, you’ll get to tour the grounds with them. That will give you enough time to catch up, get to know what they like, as well as have fun. You would also get to create new memories with them.
Good place to vacation
Going to Disney is the equivalent of going on vacation – especially f you’ve never been there. You can easily plan your stay there by visiting the Disney website. They offer different vacation plans such as accommodation options within the grounds to keep you close to the fun. For those staying outside the amusement park’s grounds, transportation is provided from various destinations to the Disney land gates.
Fun place to take children
Disney is perfect for kids because it’s a place of joy. They’ll get to try out spectacular rides. You’ll also come across all of Disney’s cartoon and movie characters. These include the Disney princesses and Mickey Mouse and his gang.
Explore different theme parks
Another element that adds wonder to Disney’s appeal is its theme parks. You’ll come across the Magic Kingdom Park, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Epcot, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park. All these are on their own lots within the park’s grounds and offer different experiences. It’s all a question of what you desire.
What are Disney shoes and why you need to buy them
Walking for miles requires good foot protection
The Disney land is huge, so you’ll have to walk to most of the sites. To do this with ease, you need comfortable shoes. They should give you cushioning and they should be breathable so that you don’t get tired too quickly. Your comfort also guarantees that you have more time to explore the sites.
Different Disney theme parks require different shoes
Depending on where you’ll be visiting, you may need to carry an extra pair of shoes to change into as the need arises. For instance, while walking the grounds, you may be fine with flip flops. However, if you’re going on one of the rides, flip flops are a risk. They could fall off your feet, or worse, you could slip through gaps within the various park rides.
What to look for when buying Disney shoes
Having lightweight shoes should be a plus. This way you can quickly move around without any strain on your feet and leg muscles. Having heavy shoes will entail that you’ll be considerably slower, and you’ll also need more breaks during your exploration to rest your feet.
Comfort and style
When walking, support is key to having a hassle-free experience. However, to get the comfort you desire, the shoe style must be considered. You cannot expect to walk long distances with shoes that have pointed tips around your toes. After a while, your toes will feel pinched, forcing you to sit and take them off for a bit.
You need to know what works for you in advance. Injuries like blisters won’t go away with a little rest. They will drastically reduce what you can do during your trip due to the discomfort you’ll experience whenever you walk. Finding comfortable shoes for yourself will also help you to find the right shoes for kids. Younger children are especially difficult in terms of finding shoes for them as they’ll agree to whatever pair you put on their feet. If you know what’s ideal for you, then picking for them will be a breeze, ensuring they’re just as comfortable as you are.
Breathable shoe material
Shoes that are fit for long walks require breathable fabric. Such options will allow your feet to not get sweaty after a long day around Disney. They’re also a great option during the hotter seasons when you’re more prone to sweating even while indulging in minimal activity. The material inside these shoes makes it possible for you to wear them multiple times before they need a wash. Such options will prove to be incredibly handy during your Disney tour, as you won’t need to pack too many pairs.
Best shoes for kids for Disney
Best sneakers for girls – YILAN Flashing Sneakers with Cute Bowknot
If you are looking for comfortable sneakers for your little girl, YILAN Toddler Glitter Shoes will be the right choice for you. The shoes are designed to endure a long walk with the upper part coated with rubber fabric to provide your little one with maximum comfort. The sneakers should fit the size of your little girl. She will love the cute bowknot decoration and glittery colors.
- Size: 8*5*4 inches
- Weight: 363 g
- Color: many
- They are safe as they are made from non-toxic material
- The rubber coating on the upper side of the sneakers provides extra comfort
- Cute sneakers with fascinating decorations and flashing lights
- They are a bit wider hence suitable mainly for bigger kids.
Best sandals for girls – iFANS Girls Sweet Dot Bow Princess Sandals
Sandals are the best shoes for Disney World due to their light-weight and comfort they give. They are very convenient for your little ones to put on and off. They are waterproof, breathable, and easy to clean too. These iFANS sandals come in various styles for girls.
- Weight: 363 g
- Color: many
- They come in various sizes so you can find the right pair
- The sandals are environment-friendly because they are made from recyclable PVS
- They are flat and comfortable to wear for long periods
- They are fitted with cute dot bow
- The dot bow falls off very easily in some cases
Best flip-flops for girls – Havaianas Kids Fantasy Sandal
These toddlers flip flops are cozy all day long for any adventure as they are easy to put on and off. They come in different colors and sizes for toddlers and big kids. Overall these flip flops are great and super cute. Your little girl will love the fantastic unicorn decorations. I have several of these for myself, of course not with the unicorn pattern.
- Weight: 2.08 Ounces
- Color: many
- Cute decorative features on the upper sole
- Flat heel for maximum comfort
- They can easily fall off as they do not have a back strap
Best sneakers for men – Converse Chuck Taylor All Start High Top
Converse Chucks are a timeless design, which is one of the most attractive features of these shoes. Their material is lightweight, which makes them flexible than other sneakers. This also makes packing easy, which is perfect when you are going to Disney. They go with every outfit imaginable and will even look great when they are filthy. They are also affordable, so you can look stylish without breaking the bank. They have an irresistible charm. Don’t be surprised when someone gives you a knowing nod just because you wore Converse. I’ve owned such Chucks in many many colors.
- OrthoLite insole for cushioning
- Lace-up high sneaker
- Rubber sole
- They come in a huge variety of colors
- They protect your feet and they are a timeless design
- Sole is flexible
- Comfortable for walking
- Come with medical eyelets for airflow
- Does not provide padding and shock absorption so wearing it the whole day in Disney without another pair of shoes, e.g. flip-flops might become tiresome
Best walking shoes for men – On Running Men’s Cloud Mesh
You need shoes to match the amount of walking you’ll be doing. Although these sneakers are meant for running, they are super comfortable and breathable, which makes them the ideal pair for walking around town, outside the city, and obviously, Disney. They are also light, which means you won’t get as tired, and you can walk for longer.
- Rubber sole
- Mesh upper with synthetic overlays
- Bungee speed-lacing system
- Different colors: white, black, brown, blue, green
- Easy slip-on and off which feature I love most
- Flexible enough to accommodate wide feet
- Comfortable and light for walking
- Very good fit
- Versatile: both casual and official
- Not for vigorous activates
Best sandals for men – Teva Men’s Original Universal Sandal
Let’s face it, sometimes, all you want is for your toes to break but remain comfortable and protected. These sandals are durable and will last you years (they did for me). They are great value for money, but most importantly, they will keep you comfortable during your Disney trip. They are light, which makes them perfect for the trip as they don’t occupy a lot of room. If you want to look European (e.g. German) you can even wear them with your favorite pair of socks and still look great.
- 100% fabric
- Rubber sole
- Strip hook-and-loop
- Cushioned EVA footbed
- They have arch support
- Accommodate wide feet
- Long-lasting and can withstand a lot of beating with no trouble
- Keep your feet cool and comfortable
- Fit into the footbed, which needs getting used to
Best flip-flops for men – Reef Men’s Fanning Flip Flop
These summer footwear are great for your Disney trip because of their simple design. You easily put them on and off, which makes them convenient for traveling. After walking around in closed shoes, your feet will be itching to get some air and sun. Flip-flops will do exactly this and keep your toes breathing to reduce sweat and smells. Because of their open nature, they reduce your chances of getting infections and fungal growth, even when you use them as water shoes.
- Shock absorbing with contoured compression
- 360-degree hell airbag
- Fitted with Reef Icon Herringbone Rubber outsole
- Anatomic arch support
- Church-key bottle opener integration
- Light and comfortable for walking around
- Great water shoes because of their excellent traction
- Arch support which makes them comfortable
- Comes in different colors: black, red, blue, white, grey, yellow
- Tight around the band
Havaianas Men’s Top Sandal Flip Flop
Havaianas flip flops have been manufactured for many years, since 1962, which means they have mastered the craft of making durable, comfortable sandals. They are great when walking around and will not give you that uncomfortable or painful feeling typical sandals give. They dry quickly and offer better traction so you can walk around the pool without worrying. They have a squishy thick rubber sole giving you support and stability.
- 100% rubber
- 100% man-made
- Rice pattern sole
- Synthetic sole
- Versatile: great for beach and pool, or a casual night out
- Fitted with a cushioned insole
- Unisex with both men and women sizes printed on the footbed
- Comfortable and compress nicely under the balls of the feet
- Easy to clean material
- Smaller fit, therefore go half a size up for a better fit
Best sneakers for women – Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Low Top
If you would prefer wearing sneakers for Disney World adventure, Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Low Top will be the a great option for the ladies. The sneakers are trendy, top quality comfortable, and flexible. They are amazing for outdoor activities independent of weather conditions.
- Weight: 2.3 Pounds
- Color: many
- Easily adjustable using the laces to fit your requirements
- Very Cozy inner part
- Slightly heavy
Best walking shoes for women – Skechers Women’s Go Walk Joy
They are ideal for walking and hiking activities for the whole day as they are super comfy. You will love them since they are very light and available in different colors. You will also enjoy the cushioned insoles. The upper side of the shoe is made of soft fabric mesh, making it breathable and flexible. If you want to avoid pains and blisters on your feet, carry a pair of Skechers Women’s Go Walk Joy Walking Shoe to your Disney World fun day.
- Weight: 2 pounds
- Color: many
- Easy to slip on and off
- Fits perfectly
- Fantastic style and colors
- The thick heel might be uncomfortable for some people
Best sandals for women – Teva Women’s Verra
If you are looking for a feminine sandal for a great experience in Disney World, then these sandals from Teva could be great. For active women that love walking and hiking and find sneakers unexciting, upgrading to a more comfortable sandal like Teva Women’s Verra Sandal will be a great idea. They are easily adjustable to fit your feet size correctly.
- Weight: 2 Pounds
- Color: many
- Easily adjustable straps to suit your feet size
- Versatile hence suitable for various activities
- Arch Support
- Stylish looks
- The straps can be abrasive for some people
Best flip-flops for women – Havaianas Women’s Top Flip Flop
Havaianas women flip flops are one of the coziest pair of shoes you can own. My fiancee has several pairs. With a vast collection of rainbow colors, fantastic prints, and simplistic design, I would highly recommend these flip flop. They are ideal for footwear for summertime fun activities. They have a rice pattern and texture, which prevents slippage.
- Weight: 15 Ounces
- Color: many
- Simple design
- Incredibly very light
- Comes in many designs and colors
- Not very safe as they do not cover the feet fully
Disney is a fun place to visit. If you don’t have the right shoes to go with the activities you will be undertaking, you may end up frustrated and miss out on some events because of the discomfort. If you have little kids with you, you need to be more vigilant and ensure they are comfortable throughout the trip.
Last update on 2021-01-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API