With so many baby brands out there, you may sometimes ask which ones are good and which ones should you avoid? I know I did and still do whenever I’m buying something for my daughter or to make parenting easier. When it came to reviewing car seats between the Diono vs Britax vs Clek brands, I also discovered a whole lot more about them.
I feel more confident buying from a brand when I know more about them. I think this applies to all parents. So, I’m sharing all I know about these three baby brands because I want you to feel confident when you decide to buy from one of them.
And, FYI – I picked the Diono Radian 3RXT 4-in-1 Convertible Seat as the best car seat out of the three brands. It offers flexibility, safety, comfort and can be used from newborn to 10 years.
Are Diono, Britax and Clek Good Brands?
Without beating about the bush, I can tell you from the start Diono, Britax and Clek all offer high quality baby products. They’re all serious about producing products you know are safe to use and make your life as a parent simpler. But while they all manufacture car seats, some offer strollers while one offered baby carriers as well.
All three brands have different stories to tell so to make it easier for you to get to know them and their products, I’ve dedicated a section to each one of them. Read on and enjoy getting to know some of the best baby brands you can deal with.
Diono – Who Are They and What Are Their Products?
Diono started in 1999 when they introduced the Mighty-Tite, a solution to tightening seat belts. Inspired to improve their products, they became more innovative while relying on their extensive knowledge and skills on car-seat safety. Their passion for helping parents give their kids the best safety while traveling in cars, Diono engineered and developed the Radian range, the first folding steel framed car seat.
But Diono hasn’t stopped at producing some of the safest car seats on the market. They’ve expanded out into manufacturing strollers and baby carriers. To do all of this they rely on a team of designers, engineers and marketers who have many years of experience, skill and knowledge shared between them. Diono keeps up with the latest developments, changes and trends so they can give you products that are safe, comfortable and easy to use. And, the kids love the funky colors of their big kid car seats!
|Car Seats||Strollers||Baby Carriers||Accessories|
- Radian 3QXT
- Radian 3QX
- Radian 3RXT (2020 and 2019 models)
- Radian 3RX (2020 and 2019 models)
- Radian 3R (2020 and 2019 models)
- Radian 3AXT
- Traverze: Editions, Luxe and Plus
- Flexa Editions & Luxe
|For Car Seats:|
- Seat angle adjuster
- Shade covers
- Carry strap
- Travel bags
- Seat protectors
- Easy view mirror
- Head support
|Infant Car Seats:|
- Nuna Pipa
- Nuna Pipa Lite
- Nuna Pipa Lite LX
- Quantum: Classic, Quantum2 & Complete
- Ezurze: Editions, Luxe, Carrycot
- Imagine Classic
- Imagine Deluxe
- Venture +
- Head supports
- Stroller organizer
- Handlebar hooks
- Totes and bags
- Everett NXT
- Monterey XT
- Monterey 4DXT
- Cambria 2
- Solana 2
|Quantum Travel Systems:|
- With Nuna Pipa, Lite and Lite LX
|Editions Travel Systems:|
- With all Nuna Pipa car seats on Flexa and Excurze Editions
- WeMadeMe Flow
|Luxe travel Systems:|
- With all Nuna Pipa car seats on Flexa and Excurze
Britax – Their Story and Their Products
I’ve spoken about the Britax brand in my article comparing Britax and Chicco products. But here’s a quick rundown on the brand.
Since starting out in the automotive safety equipment business in 1938, Britax has been revolutionizing child car seat safety and other childcare equipment since 1966. The company originated in the United Kingdom but has since expanded worldwide.
Britax use in-house experts and engineers to keep up to date with the latest developments in child car seats. They’ve also expanded out into strollers.
|Car Seats||Strollers||Travel Systems||Accessories|
|Infant Car Seats/Rear Facing Only:|
- B-Safe 35
- B-Safe Ultra
- B-Free Premium
- B-Ready G3
- B-Lively Double
|- B-Clever & B-Safe 35|
- B-Free Premium & Endeavours
- B-Free Sport & Endeavours
- B-Agile-3 & B-Safe 35
- B-Free & Endeavours
- B-Free & B-Safe Ultra
- Pathway & B-Safe 35
- B-Lively & B-Safe 35
- Pathway & B-Safe Ultra
- B-Lively & B-Safe Ultra
|For Car Seats:|
- Seat protectors
- Sun shields
- Seat covers
- Travel cart
- Cup holders
- One4Life Click for - Life All-in-One
- One4Life Anti Rebound Bar Click for Life All-in-One
- Advocate ClickTight range
- Boulevard ClickTight range
- Marathon ClickTight range
- Child tray
- Adult cup holder
|Front Facing Only Seats:|
Harness-2-Booster and Booster seat options include:
- Grow With You range
- Highpoint range
- Skyline range
Some parents may not be too familiar with the Clek brand. This proudly Canadian brand came about when its founders searched for the safest car seats for their own children. Based on their research, they realized they wanted to develop better and safer car seats with added convenience and style. Clek – What to Know About This Brand and Their Products
Combined with their automotive industry background and knowledge, Clek explored how other countries were designing their car seats. Europe uses anti rebound features and rigid-UAS systems while Sweden encourages rear seat facing until your child is four years old.
The result? A Clek car seat that includes all of the above features plus metal infrastructures that vehicle car seats use as part of the vehicle’s crash management system. Clek focuses on producing a car seat that uses an all-round, advanced safer technology. Which also means Clek ONLY manufactures car seats.
|Infant Car Seats||Convertible Car Seats||Booster Seats||Accessories|
** Compatible with most brands’ strollers
|- Infant car seat base|
- Clek Onesie
- Cup holder
- Fabric cleaning kit
- Unbuckle Me for buckles
- Travel bag
Diono vs Britax vs Clek – Key Features to Look Out for When Picking the Best Car Seat
When it comes down to picking the best car seat for your baby, I always suggest you check out the key features of every product. These features would include the following:
- Installation: Impressive latching features such as the safe center latch system in the Britax B-Safe 35 Infant Car Seat and the rigid-latch system in all three Clek models reviewed allows you to install the car seats securely and easily. The ClickTight feature of the Britax Boulevard ClickTight Convertible Car Seat is great for ensuring safe and easy installation.
- Safety: All three brands have gone out of their way to ensure your child is safe when you use their car seats. Reinforced high strength steel frame and automotive grade high density plastic is used in all the Diono products. The Britax B-Safe 35 Infant Car Seat has an impact absorbing base and side impact protection with a solid steel frame construction. The Clek 2020 Liing Infant Car Seat has a metal load leg for added stability which minimizes crash impact as well. The Britax SafeCell technology keeps your child safe during a collision with its unique crumple feature. The back-V-shaped tether gives more stability to the Britax Boulevard ClickTight Convertible Car Seat. The safety-latch connectors and front adjusters of the Diono Solana 2 Latch XL Space Backless Booster Seat ensures the booster seat remains steady. The steel anti-rebound bar of the Clek Fllo Convertible Car Seat prevents it from rotating should you be in an accident.
- Rear facing: The Britax B-Safe 35 Infant Car Seat and Clek 2020 Liing Infant Car Seat offer rear facing for babies weighing up to 35 pounds. The Clek Fllo Convertible Car Seat, Diono Radian 3RXT 4-in-1 Convertible Seat and Diono 2020 Radian 3R, 3 in 1 Convertible Car Seat, Slim Fit Design gives you the option of rear facing up to 50 pounds while the Britax Boulevard ClickTight Convertible Car Seat gives you rear facing up to 40 pounds.
- Comfort: The newborn wedge of the Diono Radian 3RXT 4-in-1 Convertible Seat keeps your small baby comfortable (and safe) until they’re ready to sit in the seat without it. The relax and recline feature of the Britax B-Safe 35 Infant Car Seat keeps your baby comfortable while the 7-recline features of the Clek 2020 Liing Infant Car Seat and the Britax Boulevard ClickTight Convertible Car Seat also gives its rider ultimate comfort. The Comfort Cube feature of the Clek Olli Backless Booster Car Seat keeps your child’s bottom numb-free no matter how long the trip. It’s also been ergonomically designed to accommodate your child’s hips and legs comfortably.
- Convenience: The Britax B-Safe 35 Infant Car Seat is adaptable with most of its brand’s strollers converting neatly into a travel system. The Clek 2020 Liing Infant Car Seat is adaptable with many top brands and their strollers. The Diono Radian 3RXT 4-in-1 Convertible Seat and Diono 2020 Radian 3R, 3 in 1 Convertible Car Seat, Slim Fit Design grow with your child from newborn to 10 years while also being great for three across solutions. The 14-position of the headrest of the Britax Boulevard ClickTight Convertible Car Seat makes it easy to adjust the seat as your child grows. Both the Clek Olli Backless Booster Car Seat and the Diono Solana 2 Latch XL Space Backless Booster Seat are lightweight and portable.
- Weight limitations: The Britax B-Safe 35 Infant Car Seat and Clek 2020 Liing Infant Car Seat are only suitable for up to 35 pounds. The Diono Radian 3RXT 4-in-1 Convertible Seat and Diono 2020 Radian 3R, 3 in 1 Convertible Car Seat, Slim Fit Design are both from newborn up to 120 pounds while the Britax Boulevard ClickTight Convertible Car Seat and Clek Fllo Convertible Car Seat is best up to 65 pounds. All three booster seats reviewed here have a maximum weight limit of 120 pounds.
- Other: All products reviewed have detachable cup holders which are convenient for holding your children’s drinks without spillage problems. The fabrics of the Clek models are free of brominated and chlorinated flame retardants which gives you even more peace of mind should you be in an accident. The high back of the Britax Skyline 2-Stage Belt-Positioning Booster Seat – High Back and Backless is great if you don’t want to convert to a backless booster seat too soon. And, I have to mention the funky and cool colors of all the Diono models reviewed.
Check out this video from Clek showing how to clean their car seats.
My Top Picks
My review is based on a selection of car seats from each brand. While these brands cover a range of products, I’ll be focusing on their car seats only. For this reason, I’ve divided my review up into the following sections:
- Diono vs Britax vs Clek Infant Car Seats
- Diono vs Britax vs Clek Convertible Car seats
- Diono vs Britax vs Clek Booster Seats
- Diono vs Britax Travel Systems
Before you head on into the product reviews, here’s a list of the products I’ve selected:
- Diono Radian 3RXT 4-in-1 Convertible Seat
- Britax B-Safe 35 Infant Car Seat
- Clek 2020 Liing Infant Car Seat
- Diono 2020 Radian 3R, 3 in 1 Convertible Car Seat, Slim Fit Design
- Britax Boulevard ClickTight Convertible Car Seat
- Clek Fllo Convertible Car Seat
- Diono Solana 2 Latch XL Space Backless Booster Seat
- Britax Skyline 2-Stage Belt-Positioning Booster Seat – Highback and Backless
- Clek Olli Backless Booster Car Seat
- Diono Quantum 2 3 in 1 Luxury Multi-Mode Stroller
- Britax B-Free Travel System
Diono vs Britax vs Clek Infant Car Seats
Infant car seats are great when you’re looking for something to keep your baby from newborn up to 35 pounds safe while traveling. It does mean though finding another car seat when they’re older. Which is why I have included an option of one seat that works from newborn to 10 years old so you can see there’s more options for newborns beyond the conventional infant car seat.
While Diono’s infant seat Nuna Pipa range is good, I opted for the Radian 3RXT 4-in-1 Convertible Seat simply because it grows with your newborn to up to 10 years old. And, if you’ve got more than one child traveling in the car, the Radian fits comfortably three across in most vehicles.
The newborn travel wedge allows for positioning your newborn in recline. And, when they outgrow the wedge, you simply remove it. This seat has been designed to allow for rear facing seating for longer, up to 50 lbs (approximately 4 years old). This convertible seat allows for 4 stages of adjustability, from infant seat to booster seat.
Be rest assured you’re getting the ultimate in safety. The seat is constructed with reinforced steel core and automotive grade high density plastic. A 5-point harness system is used and you’ve the option of adjusting the headrest to 12 different positions.
The seats come in a range of funky, exciting colors which your growing child will love.
I’ve spoken about this great infant car seat from Britax here. This seat accommodates your baby up to 35 pounds. It’s safety features include a layer of side impact protection, impact absorbing base as well as a solid industrial strength steel frame.
The car seat is easy to install with a safe center latch system. Built-in seat belt locks ensure your child’s seat is securely installed. A relax and recline feature allows you to adjust the seat to the most comfortable reclining position for your baby. Recline indicators will tell you if the angle is best for your vehicle.
Built-in adaptors means this seat is ready to go as a travel system with a range of Britax’s strollers. This is a rear-facing car seat which is ideal for young babies traveling in the car.
This car seat is designed for babies weighing from 4 to 35 pounds. It uses both the Rigid-LATCH system and the belt-tensioning system to ensure your car seat is securely installed. The seat offers 7 reclining positions so your baby is comfortable whenever traveling in the car.
Safety features include a metal load leg which gives more stability to the seat while minimizing crash force. Side impact protection and a newborn insert support system gives you peace of mind your baby is safe at all times.
If you use it without the base the European belt path design ensures you can install the seat safely and travel without any concerns. This car seat is lightweight (weighing in at only 9 pounds) and is compatible with most top brands’ strollers if you wish to use it as a travel system.
This rear-facing seat is a space saver as well making it possible to have up to three car seats in one car.
Diono vs Britax vs Clek Convertible Seats
Convertible car seats give you the option of going from rear facing to front facing when your baby is ready to transition to the next stage. They also give you more scope with weight and height limitations. It’s always advisable to look out for car seats that offer a 5-point harness system for extra safety.
I reviewed this seat here and voted it as Best Value when looking for a narrow car seat option. This slim fit designed convertible seat accommodates rear facing for longer, allowing your child to travel in this position until they’re 4 years old or 50 pounds.
The high back booster mode can be used until your child weighs 120 pounds. This seat will also take your newborn so here’s another seat that’ll last you easily for ten years. As with all Radian models, this seat has a full strength steel core for maximum protection.
A 5-point harness system keeps your child safely secure while traveling in the car. This is a sturdy car seat that doesn’t compromise in quality and safety features. Plus, it comes in a range of beautiful colors.
The patented ClickTight feature of this convertible car seat ensures installation is simple and secure. The solid side impact protection keeps your baby’s head, neck and torso protected during any collision. Britax’s SafeCell Technology offers more impact protection with its energy absorbing feature.
The 14-position quick adjust headrest and harness system simplifies the whole process. And the 5-point harness keeps your baby safe at all times even during an impact. The build quality includes a high strength steel frame and the back V-shaped tether gives the seat more stability.
There are 7 recline positions and rear facing is recommended for babies from 5 to 40 pounds while front facing is recommended for older babies from 20 to 65 pounds.
The steel anti-rebound bar of this car seat prevents your baby’s seat from rotating should there be an impact. Maximum protection is also offered with the side impact features with energy absorbing foam layers. An extra deep seat headrest gives your child’s head more security as well. The steel reinforced structure means you’re getting a solid and safe car seat.
The manufacturer recommends rear facing until your child weighs 50 pounds or is 4 years old. Forward facing is recommended for older babies from 22 to 65 pounds. All Clek’s car seats are free of brominated and chlorinated flame retardants.
The fabric of the seat uses material that prevents bacteria growth. It also stops odors from developing and stains on the seats. The slim design is also great for smaller cars or if you want to seat up to three kids in the back seat comfortably.
Diono vs Britax vs Clek Booster Seats
Booster seats are wonderful for when your child is older and out of toddlerhood. Many experts do suggest you don’t move over to a booster seat until your child is at least 4 years old. They advise you only use a booster seat when your child learns not to fidget with the seat belt and doesn’t tend to slump over when traveling.
This XL backless booster seat gives added comfort for the growing child. It also gives better leg support. This booster seat takes children up to 120 pounds with it’s ergonomically contoured designed base.
The safety-designed latch connectors and front adjusters allow you to install the booster seat securely and tightly. You won’t need to worry about this one shifting while your child is seated in it. The seating is comfortable and the cover is removable for easy machine washing. The buckle system is simple allowing your older child to buckle themselves in safely.
An added feature is two retractable cup holders on either side of the seat. Plus, it’s lightweight at 6.6 pounds making it portable without the sweat.
This booster seat from Britax accommodates little ones from 40 to 120 pounds, with a maximum height range of 63 inches. The seat belt positioning feature allows you to convert from a high back to backless booster seat whenever you want to.
The high back booster seat option offers wide side wings for added head protection. The seat is plush with arm rests for added comfort. Other safety features include energy-absorbing foam and foam lined headrest. A 10-position headrest is adjustable as your child grows.
Color coded belt guides make it easy to install the seat with minimal fuss. Two dishwasher-safe cup holders means you don’t need to worry about your child traveling without their favorite juice. And, the seat cover is removable for easy cleaning.
Extra stability is offered during a collision with Clek’s rigid-LATCH feature which allows you to install the booster seat securely with the vehicle’s lower anchors. The Clek Comfort Cube feature ensures your child doesn’t experience a numb bottom on long distance trips.
Similar to all other Clek models, this seat conforms with the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard, giving you peace of mind your child is safe when seated with this booster seat. The weight recommendation is 40 to 120 pounds.
The seat is lightweight making it portable. You can buy a strap separately which can be attached and allow you to transport the seat over your shoulder. A detachable cup holder keeps your child’s drink stable while you’re moving in the car. But if they do spill, no need to fuss. The seat fabric is protected against stains and bacteria growth.
Diono vs Britax Travel Systems
Clek doesn’t offer travel systems. However, their infant car seats are compatible with most top brands and their strollers. Both Diono and Britax do offer various travel system options and I’ve reviewed one from each brand.
The Quantum 2 series offer a number of options for converting to a travel system with their Nuna Pipa range of infant seats. Plus, this stroller offers various features making it a very user-friendly product. I love the aesthetics of this stroller. It will make any parent and baby feel smart!
The Diono fold system is easy and is power-assisted for a quick unfold. It has a 5-point harness system that grows with your baby. Your baby will be kept comfortable with the layered and padded cushions which are removable for washing.
An adjustable canopy keeps your baby well-protected without getting too stifled. The “one foot” braking system is convenient plus the asymmetrical design ensures the stroller is well-balanced. It’s rivet free and has a smooth turning circle. You also have the option of placing the seat facing outwards or facing the parent.
This stroller includes the B-Safe Ultra-Infant Car Seat as well as adapters. This stroller is designed with three wheels with no-flat rubber tires. You can easily navigate most terrains with this one.
The handlebar is adjustable with a good grip. The one-hand quick fold system allows for hassle-free storage or packing in the boot of the car. The seat is reclinable making it extra comfortable for your baby when they want to take a nap while out and about. This stroller is not short on storage space with 7 pockets and an extra-large storage basket under the seat.
A large canopy keeps your child safe from the sunrays. The stroller accommodates babies up to 65 pounds. But, the infant car seat only accommodates babies up to 35 pounds so this stroller will only remain a travel system until your baby outgrows the car seat.
How do I decide which brand is right for me?
Research the brand and discover what drives them to produce baby products. Make sure they use high-quality materials and that their products meet stringent safety standards. It may also help to read customer reviews to get a better sense of what other parents, like you, feel about a brand and their products.
What should I look out for when selecting a car seat?
The number one key feature should always be safety. Then, ease of use, comfort, convenience and additional features such as cup holders, lightweight, portability and weight limitations. You may also want to see if the car seat is best suited for your child’s age. And, if you have a smaller car, looking for a slim fit design is useful.
Are booster seats safe?
Experts will tell you high back booster seats are safer than backless booster seats. A high back booster seat gives added protection around the head and neck. But, it’s better to have a backless booster seat than nothing at all.
If picking between the Diono vs Britax vs Clek brands became my sole responsibility, I would battle to say which one comes out top. All three brands are serious about child safety and offer the best in high-quality products. I did pick the Diono Radian 3RXT 4-in-1 Convertible Seat because of its versatility. But, I honestly believe you can’t go wrong with any of the products reviewed here.
It all depends on what you want for your baby’s own needs while traveling in the car. I’ve given you all the information you need to know about the brands and their products. Now, it’s up to you to decide which one you would pick.
Last update on 2021-01-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API