Choosing a nutritious baby formula is essential in keeping your baby healthy. However, with so many options available on the market, it can be quite daunting to find the best option. Two of the brands worth considering are Nan Pro vs Enfamil.
Both Nan Pro and Enfamil are reputable brands providing quality baby formula. Since both formulas are regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), they meet the minimum nutritional requirements. That being said, how else do they stack up? Are there any features that set them apart?
What are the main differences between Nan Pro and Enfamil?
Nan Pro and Enfamil contain the necessary vitamins and minerals to provide a healthy meal. Enfamil aids colic symptoms within 24 hours. Both brands contain probiotics to promote digestive health but Nan Pro features an extra probiotic, L.Reuteri, that provides additional digestive support.
- What are the main differences between Nan Pro and Enfamil?
- Comparison Table: Nan Pro vs Enfamil
- Nan Pro vs Enfamil – Similarities and Differences
- Nestle Nan Pro
- Is Enfamil better than Nan Pro?
Comparison Table: Nan Pro vs Enfamil
There are some key differences between these two brands and it’s helpful to see them side by side when you’re choosing between options.
|Features||Nestle Nan Pro||Enfamil Gentlease|
|Key nutrients||Thiamine (Vitamin B1)Riboflavin (Vitamin b2)Vitamin B6Vitamin A,D,K,E,C|
Minerals such as magnesium, calcium, iron & zinc
|Thiamine (Vitamin B1)Riboflavin (Vitamin b2)Vitamin B6Vitamin A|
Minerals such as magnesium, calcium, iron & zinc
|Probiotic content||L.Reuteri (supports digestive health)||Variety of probiotics|
|Age||0 – 10 months||0 – 12 months|
|Reduce colic symptoms||yes||Reduces colic symptoms in 24 hrs|
|Consistency||Smooth, easy to mix||Resembles consistency of breast milk, thinner than Nan Pro|
|Cost||Cheaper than many other brands||Can be costly|
Nan Pro vs Enfamil – Similarities and Differences
It’s not easy to know which infant formula your baby will enjoy. So, as a starting point, you can opt for the choice that has the most nutritional benefits. Let’s look at the key features in a little more detail.
Best Formula for Colic Symptoms
No one wants their little one to suffer from colic symptoms. Can the type of formula you opt for help reduce or prevent colic?
- Nan Pro: Parents using Nan say their babies seem “fuller” and as a result cry and fuss less. They also seem to sleep for longer, as they seem less hungry.
- Enfamil: This brand, particularly the Gentlease option reduces crying and fussing within 24 hours. Parents also report a considerable reduction in colic symptoms such as gas, burping and reflux.
If you’re not sure how your little one will react to a particular formula, it’s always wise to buy a small tin to do a test run. Have parents reported any negative side effects from using one of these brands?
- Nan Pro: Some parents have reported their babies developed watery, green poop when switching to Nan. Nan Pro also appears to be better for babies than some of the other Nan ranges. Ideally, if you find a formula our baby likes, stick to it.
- Enfamil: Despite its many benefits, some parents have reported their babies don’t appear to like the taste. This is generally not a product problem but a preference issue.
Probiotics are necessary for promoting healthy digestive function. It’s the various probiotics in the formula that assist with reducing gas and reflux.
- Nan Pro: The probiotic L.Reuteri is very good for supporting digestive health and is the main probiotic in Nan Pro.
- Enfamil: The Enfamil formula has an exclusive blend of prebiotics as well as probiotics to improve both the immune system and digestive health.
Nestle Nan Pro
One of the most popular formula options on the market currently is Nestle Nan Baby Formula Powder. Modeled to resemble the complete nutrition & gentleness of breastmilk, this formula provides nutrition for babies from birth up to 12 months.
Why consider it
Nestle Nan Pro is a firm favorite with many parents because its range of prebiotics, probiotics, DHA, iron, vitamin and mineral content ensures your baby receives the required nutrients. The probiotic L.Reuteri in particular supports digestive health. Parents who have struggled for their little ones to gain weight have reported positive results with Nan Pro.
- High-quality nutrition
- Supports digestive health
- Builds on your baby’s developing immune system
- Reduces gas
- Formula is filling and the baby sleeps longer
- More affordable than many other brands
- Some babies become constipated while others have reported bouts of diarrhea
The Enfamil Gentlease Baby Formula is also very popular with parents. Its claim to reduce fussiness and the fact that it contains DHA & Choline makes it one of the most preferred choices. It’s also worth noting that Enfamil is the #1 infant formula commonly recommended by pediatricians for infant feeding.
Why consider it
If you’ve ever dealt with a baby who suffers from colic symptoms, you know how stressful it can be. One of the top benefits of Enfamil Gentlease is that it reduces fussiness, gas, crying and spit-up within 24-hours of starting the formula. The DHA & Choline content is great for developing and boosting brain development.
- Contains Omega-3
- Eases digestive issues such as gas within 24 hours
- Reduces diarrhea and spit-ups
- Consistency of the formula is natural-looking & similar to breast milk
- Contains DHA & Choline
- Can be expensive
- Some babies seem to not like the taste
- Complaints of no lids in packages ordered online
Here’s a short clip from Enfamil to show you just how easy it is to mix formulas. You’ll find this very helpful if you’re a first-time parent!
Is Enfamil better than Nan Pro?
In this instance, one is not necessarily better than the other. Both formulas provide sufficient nutrients and digestive benefits to your baby.
I will highlight though that Enfamil Gentlease is my personal favorite. The DHA & Choline in this formula is also found in breast milk and helps support and assist cognitive brain development. It’s also superior when it comes to dealing with a baby suffering from continuous colic symptoms.
What do you think about Nan Pro compared to Lactogen, so to another Nestle product?
If you’re still comparing options, consider reading my article Similac Sensitive versus Enfamil Gentlease as well as Gerber Gentle Soothe and Soothe Pro compared to Enfamil.
Last update on 2023-03-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API