The Pampers brand is synonymous with diapers and babies! Guests to your baby shower literally showered you with Pampers diapers which are always handy. But have you been faced with deciding between Pampers Swaddlers vs Cruisers for your baby? While both are favorites with parents and babies, they do have different features.
The type of diaper you use for your baby, no matter how old, matters. You want to avoid hassles created by smelly leaks, ripping tabs, uncomfortable fit, and painful skin irritations. Your baby’s needs include wearing diapers that’ll be best for them. And what’s best for your baby is best for you as a parent! Which is why picking between Swaddlers or Cruisers is to be taken seriously.
A Comparison Review: Pampers Swaddlers vs Cruisers
I’ve written about the Pampers brand on my site before. In this same article, I went into detail about Pampers Cruisers and the Cruisers 360° Fit as well as the Pampers Easy Ups. Then, I wrote an article about Pampers Swaddlers and it’s worth reading if you want to choose between this type of diapers with the Pampers Baby Dry and Pure range of diapers.
Now, with more research and taking in the thoughts of other parents, I want to share with you this buyer’s guide so you’re able to make an informed choice when choosing between the Pampers Swaddlers and Cruisers diaper range.
I’ll be talking about the differences between the two diapers, which one is better based on my research, and which one you need and why. I’ve also included a section on what other parents think about both the Swaddlers and Cruisers. Knowing how other parents fare with a baby product is often the best way to make the right pick for you and your baby.
What’s the Difference: Pampers Swaddlers vs Cruisers
Without further ado, let’s get into the features of the two different diapers. You’ll then be able to see the differences, if any, between the Pampers Swaddlers and Cruisers.
- Size: Swaddlers’ size ranges from newborn to size 6.
- Dryness: The Pampers air channel design keeps the baby dry protecting their delicate skin against dampness. This diaper is also designed to keep your baby dry for up to 12 hours.
- Liner: The absorb away feature of this liner keeps wetness and messes away from the baby’s skin by absorbing and locking it away.
- Heart Quilts: This is a feature unique to Pampers Swaddlers. It means your baby has 2x more softness adding to the comfort of wearing this diaper.
- Added softness: Besides feeling as soft as a blanket because of the type of materials being used to make these diapers, the soft stretchy sides move with the baby keeping the diaper in place while still being comfortable.
- Wetness indicator: This is a very useful feature for telling parents when it’s time to change their baby’s diaper.
- Unique feature: The umbilical cord notch which is included in the Pampers Swaddlers size range from newborn to size 2 means your baby will not be irritated in this sensitive area with the diapers contoured fit.
- Size: Cruisers sizes range from size 3 to 7.
- Dryness: The Pampers unique Lock-Away Channel design ensures the baby stays dry as all wetness and messes are absorbed and locked away from the baby’s skin. Your baby will stay dry for up to 12 hours when wearing Cruisers.
- Extra dryness: This is offered by the Pampers Dual Leak Guard Barriers which give a seal around the legs. This prevents any leakage problems. This is a particular advantage when your baby is more active.
- Fit: The 2 stretchy sides keep the diaper firmly in place while your active baby is moving around but retain softness for comfort. The waist has a strong grip which also helps to keep the diaper in place.
- Unique feature: The 3-way fit of the diaper at the waist, legs and baby’s bottom means the diaper will move with the baby keeping the active baby comfortable without any worries about the diaper falling off or leaking.
Which One is Better – Pampers Swaddlers? Or Pampers Cruisers?
Based on the features listed above deciding which diaper is better depends on your baby’s age and how active they are. Pricing can also play a role when picking a diaper range best suited for your budget.
If you want my personal opinion I would go with Pampers Swaddlers for the younger and smaller babies. According to Pampers, their Swaddlers range is the #1 diaper being used in hospitals especially with preemies and newborns. Both nurses and parents find this diaper to be the best one to use when dealing with a newborn baby.
The other deal breaker for parents with newborns deciding on diapers is the contoured fit design of the Pampers Swaddlers. The unique umbilical cord notch will keep their newborn comfortable without any fear of this sensitive area being rubbed raw by the waistline of the diaper.
I love the sound of Heart Quilts in the Swaddlers. Somehow, it encompasses the feeling of being ultra-soft which is so important for keeping any baby feeling safe and comfortable. Knowing your baby is swaddled in pure comfort surely will give you peace of mind.
The Pampers Swaddlers is slightly more expensive than the Cruisers so if you’re looking to save money but still get quality you can’t go wrong with Cruisers.
Pampers Cruisers has obviously been designed with the more active baby in mind. Staying with their promise to bring comfort to your baby, Pampers Cruisers’ design includes features to ensure dryness.
The Cruisers diaper also gives your baby ease of movement without feeling constrained by their diaper. As a father, I know how frustrated my daughter can get if she can’t move around freely. So I get it if a diaper doesn’t “move” with the baby. The 3-way design of the Cruisers range means your baby will not feel their diaper tightening on their waist, legs or bottom no matter how much they twist, turn, crawl or walk.
Do I Need Pampers Swaddlers or Pampers Cruisers?
Based on the features and which one is better for which baby, you can now decide if you need Pampers Swaddlers or Cruisers for your baby. But something else you also need to take into consideration when deciding if you need Swaddlers or Cruisers is the type of material being used to make these diapers.
While all babies have delicate skin some are more sensitive than others. This means they’re more prone to diaper rash and other skin irritations. To ensure their diapers are hypoallergenic, Pampers use the following materials and ingredients to make up their diapers.
- Absorbent materials: Chlorine-free pulp, polymer, polypropylene and polyester.
- Outer cover: Polypropylene and polyethylene (these are also used in hospital garments and they offer breathability, softness and protection).
- Printing ink: The dyes used have been tested for safety especially for babies with sensitive skin (if you really want to be sure about how safe these inks are they’re also used in contact lenses!).
- Adhesives: These are used in the seams and cuffs and while they’re tucked away to add protection to the baby’s skin they’ve also been tested for sensitivity purposes.
- Lotion: This is added for skin protection and is made with petrolatum, stearyl alcohol and aloe barbadensis leaf extract. These ingredients are also found in your favorite lip balm!
As with all Pampers diapers, both the Pampers Swaddlers and Cruisers are made using the abovementioned materials and ingredients.
When it comes down to deciding if you need Pampers Swaddlers or Cruisers, if you like the Pampers diapers then you need either of these diapers. If you’re new to parenting with a newborn baby start off with Pampers Swaddlers. You can always move over to Cruisers when your baby is more mobile. Or stay with Swaddlers if you find they’re your best diapers.
When your baby reaches potty training time, you’ll find switching over to Pampers Cruisers is what you’ll need to help your baby during this stage of their life.
Pampers Cruisers also offer good night protection, especially for heavy wetters. This could be another good enough reason why you need Pampers Cruisers.
What Other Parents Are Saying About Pampers Swaddlers and Cruisers
While I was doing my research for this comparison review, I came across a number of parent reviews. Here’s a round-up of some of the comments:
- Out of all the brands selling diapers, the Pampers Swaddlers fit better on a bigger bottom.
- Swaddlers are great for daytime use but not so good for night time.
- The Pampers Swaddlers not only provide softness but they’re flexible, absorbent and blow-outs don’t happen.
- Pampers Swaddlers are well-priced and affordable.
- Even with sensitive skin babies have no problem wearing Swaddlers.
- The larger Size 7 in Pampers Cruisers is a life-saver with 4-year old learning to potty train.
- The overnight protection of the Cruisers diaper is excellent. No need to worry about blow outs or leakage.
- Babies love the wild designs and patterns on the Cruisers.
- Cruisers are not as soft as Swaddlers but they’re more durable for the active baby on the move.
- Tabs tend to break off easily on the Cruisers.
- Been using Pampers for over 13 years with 4 children. Started with Swaddlers and then switched over to Size 3 Cruisers when the baby is older.
Product Review: A Quick Summary
While I’ve detailed each product quite extensively, here’s a quick summary of each product reviewed in this article.
Being the Number 1 choice in diapers by hospitals, this diaper is well-designed for preemies and newborns with its unique umbilical cord notch feature. Their sizes range from 0 to 6. Offering up to 12 hours of protection, the absorbent features of this diaper includes the air-channel for keeping your baby dry as well as the liner for extra absorbency.
Pampers Swaddlers offer extra comfort with its Heart Quilt blanket-softness feel. The stretchy sides are also soft and don’t dig into the baby’s body. A wetness indicator is convenient in telling you when your baby’s diaper needs to be changed.
The materials and ingredients used in Swaddlers ensure they’re hypoallergenic and don’t include any parabens or latex.
The long-lasting design of the Cruisers ensures your active baby is kept dry no matter how much they move around. The Dual Leak Guard Barrier feature of this diaper gives added protection against leakage especially in areas prone to such problems. Lock away channels absorbs any wetness and locks it away keeping your baby’s skin dry.
The all-night protection allows the baby to stay dry for up to 12 hours which means no diaper changing in the middle of the night. The 2 stretchier sides mean your baby can be as active as they want to be without any concerns about the diaper falling off. The waist fit is also more secure without being uncomfortably tight.
As with all Pampers diapers, the Cruisers are hypoallergenic and are free of any parabens and latex.
What are the maximum sizes of both the Swaddlers and Cruisers?
The maximum size for Swaddlers is size 6 while the maximum size for Cruisers is size 7. It’s important to note Cruisers only start from size 3 while the Swadfdlers start from size 0.
How do I pick the right size diaper for my baby?
Make sure the diaper fits snugly without being too tight. You want to make sure it doesn’t sag or leave any gaps. The product’s guideline for sizes includes the estimated weight of the baby so use this to help you pick the right size diaper.
What’s the best way to store unused diapers?
Always keep your unused diapers away from direct sunlight and humid conditions. Store them in a dry area away from any products that have strong fragrances. Make sure the storage is not too hot.
A Final Word: Pampers Swaddlers vs Cruisers
Based on this comparison review for Pampers Swaddlers vs Cruisers you should be better equipped to decide which one is best for your baby. While other brands offer a variety of diapers, picking Pampers as your brand will simplify the decision-making process. And, both the Swaddlers and Cruisers are perfect diapers for different babies and their needs.
Last update on 2021-01-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API