You may already have a UPPAbaby Vista or Cruz or a Minu that comes with a bassinet and now you’re looking for a stand to use with the bassinet next to your bed. If that’s the situation you’re in, you might be looking for a budget-friendly alternative to the Uppababy bassinet stand, which means this article is just for you. Keep reading for a few alternatives and features to consider.
- 1. Jolly Jumper Rocking Wooden Moses Basket Stand
- 2. Moses Basket Stand – Rocker (with wheels)
- 3. 2 in 1 Natural Rocking Stand
- 4. Clair de Lune Deluxe Rocking Stand
- 5. Rockers by Richard Moses Basket Rocking Stand
- Can you actually use the UPPAbaby bassinet without a stand?
- What to consider when looking for a UPPAbaby bassinet stand
- Used UPPAbaby bassinet stand
Moses baskets from Jolly Jumper are by far the most popular choices as UPPAbaby alternatives. They’re lightweight, portable and feature a soothing rocking motion. Their wide top makes them ideal for a UPPPAbaby bassinet. They’re available in natural wood finish, white or gray.
Watch this short clip to see just how handy this Jolly Jumper stand is.
2. Moses Basket Stand – Rocker (with wheels)
This model from ECOADE is an ideal option to consider because it’s designed to gently rock your baby to sleep. The rocking motion also helps soothe a fussing baby. Handy castor wheels make it easy to move to where you need them. This Moses stand is compatible with most UPPAbaby Vista V2 and UPPAbaby Cruz models.
If you’re looking for a solid wood option, consider the 2-in-1 Natural Rocking Stand manufactured by Addy and Sage. A nifty feature with this stand, other than the fact that it’s compatible with your UPPAbaby, is that it has brakes. This means there’s no chance of the stand moving once you’ve engaged the brakes.
This Clair de Lune model is made of plastic and like some of the other alternatives also features a rocking motion. Retaining bars on the side ensures your UPPAbaby bassinet will be held firmly in place. With a height of 54cm, you’ll easily be able to take care of your little one from the comfort of your bed.
Another great UPPAbaby alternative is the Rockers by Richard model. Made from natural ashwood it’s a beautiful compliment to your UPPAbaby bassinet and will fit any nursery or bedroom decor.
Can you actually use the UPPAbaby bassinet without a stand?
Yes. The UPPAbaby bassinet is safe to use on the floor providing the floor area is stable. There should be no danger of being pushed over. It should also be an area where there’s adequate ventilation as this is one of the ways to prevent SIDS.
What to consider when looking for a UPPAbaby bassinet stand
Ideally, the first option to consider is of course the actual UPPAbaby bassinet stand, but, if you’d prefer a more budget-friendly option, the good news is there are a few compatible alternatives to consider.
Looking for the ideal stand for your UPPAbaby bassinet should involve a few feature considerations. I’ve listed a few of these to make your search process a lot easier!
Model of the bassinet
It’s important to check the model of the bassinet as well as the year it was manufactured. Different models may have slight variations in their design, and this could hamper a comfortable fit into the stand. For instance, some bassinets might have more square corners while others are slightly rounded.
To ensure a firm fit, you should check the actual measurements of the stand vs those of the base of the bassinet. The last thing you want is a stand that’s too big or too small. This will make the bassinet unstable as the baby moves around inside.
Ease of set-up
You’ll want a bassinet stand that is easy to set up as well as move around to where you need it. If you’re going to be moving your bassinet around to where you are, then opt for a model with wheels and a brake.
As with all your other baby gear, opt for a stand that’s durable and strong. After all, it’s going to be holding your baby. Choosing hardwood materials might be a better option than plastic.
Used UPPAbaby bassinet stand
Many parents who aren’t going to have any more babies opt to sell their baby gear on various marketplaces. Since baby gear isn’t used for a very long time, you’re very likely to get some well-looked after-used options.
Some of the more popular marketplaces to consider for quality second-hand choices include the following:
- eBay: Noted as one of the most popular marketplaces that sell a range of second-and baby items, it’s a great place to start your search for a used bassinet stand.
- Facebook marketplace: If you want to start your search in your local community, then the Facebook marketplace is the ideal place to start searching. Aside from the marketplace, you can also search groups specializing in selling used baby gear.
- Rebelstork: One of the features that make Rebelstork so popular is that a team of experts inspects all open-box items before advertising. So you’re guaranteed an item that’s in good condition.
- Weepea: This is another site that helps local communities sell their used baby items. Using Weepea is quick and easy to find everything you need in your community and at a fraction of the price.
- Stork exchange: An increasingly popular online marketplace for second-hand baby goods is stork exchange. Here you’ll find everything from baby strollers to high chairs.
With the UPPAbaby stand alternatives I’ve listed, it’ll be very easy to find the ideal stand for your bassinet. Be sure to review the features of the choice that piques your interest. My personal favorite is the Jolly Jumper Rocking Wooden Moses Basket Stand, which is both lightweight and simple to use. It’s also ideal for smaller spaces.
Last update on 2023-11-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API