Parents who own a UPPAbaby Vista will rave to you about this stroller making you wonder if you should be getting one for your baby. But, you could be put off by the high-end price tag! But there’s always the option of a used UPPAbaby Vista but what should you look out for when buying second-hand?
Getting a used UPPAbaby Vista stroller is a cheaper alternative to a new one. Parents selling them normally use online marketplaces such as reCrib or eBay. Look for models newer than 2015 and make sure it comes with all their accessories to save on buying replacements separately.
- Why Are Parents Selling UPPAbaby Vista Strollers?
- Are New UPPAbaby Vista Strollers Expensive?
- Where to Buy Used UPPAbaby Vista Strollers
- Tips for Buying a Used UPPAbaby Vista Stroller
- How Long Can You Use UPPAbaby Vista?
Why Are Parents Selling UPPAbaby Vista Strollers?
Parents selling their UPPAbaby Vista stroller do so for a number of reasons:
- Their baby has outgrown it and they’re not planning to have any more kids.
- They find the stroller too cumbersome.
- They’ve moved to an area that isn’t walking-friendly
- They’re looking for a stroller with different features
Are New UPPAbaby Vista Strollers Expensive?
New UPPAbaby Vista strollers don’t come cheap! You’re looking at spending anything up to $1,400 for a brand new one. A used UPPAbaby Vista is an attractive alternative with prices ranging anywhere from $250 to $600.
Where to Buy Used UPPAbaby Vista Strollers
Search Facebook Marketplace
Using Facebook Marketplace makes it easy to narrow down your search to your neighborhood. This is advisable if you want to view the stroller before making an offer to purchase. FB Marketplace is easy to use with filters, photos, and general descriptions. If you like what you see, you send the seller a message or click on the “Make Offer” button.
When looking for a used UPPAbaby Vista stroller on eBay narrow down your search by selecting “Strollers & Accessories.” in the “Baby” category. Or, speed things up by typing in “UPPAbaby Vista” in the search bar. You’ll be taken straight to the page selling this type of stroller. You have the option of bidding on an item or “Buy it Now”, paying the price asked by the seller. Photos of the item are displayed.
Recrib is an online marketplace selling gently used kids’ items. The following categories are available, making it easier for you to find what you’re looking for:
- High chairs
Photos of the items are clearly displayed and information such as the location, general description, condition, year of purchase, and price are all included.
Tips for Buying a Used UPPAbaby Vista Stroller
Do Your Research
Look out for the following:
- Model date: Look for models from 2015/2016 and newer. The brand redesigned the UPPAbaby Vista stroller to be more compatible with attachments such as the bassinet and rumble seat.
- Ease of use: The UPPAbaby Vista is bigger, heavier and offers more storage space, making it a good stroller if you’re always out and about walking with your baby. Research the UPPAbaby Vista V2 compared to Cruz V2 and MINI to confirm if the Vista really is the stroller for you.
- Bassinet: The seat does recline fully so this may be sufficient if you find a used stroller without a bassinet. However, the bassinet is a nice feature if you’re planning to go walking every day with your smaller baby. The UPPAbaby Bassinet can be purchased separately. Ask the seller if the used item comes with UPPAbaby Lower Adaptors for attaching the bassinet.
- Accessories: Research what accessories usually come with a new UPPAbaby Vista so you can check if the used item has them as well.
- Rumble seat: If you’re looking for a used UPPAbaby Vista to accommodate two kids, look for one with a rumble seat. You can buy the RumbleSeat V2 as a separate item. But, it’ll only fit 2015 to 2019 models.
- Second seat adaptors: If the used UPPAbaby Vista stroller doesn’t come with upper adaptors for adding the rumble seat, you can purchase them separately. Always ask the seller if they have UPPAbaby Vista Upper Adaptors. Note that these are only suitable for models from 2015.
Watch this video showing you everything you need to know whether it’s safe to buy a used stroller
Know Your Price
Your research will highlight how much a new UPPAbaby Vista costs and what items come with this stroller. This way, you can budget how much you’re willing to pay for a used stroller with or without features such as bassinets and rumble seats.
Knowing the prices of buying replacements such as adaptors and other accessories helps you to know what to pay for a used UPPAbaby Vista without these additional features. You may think you’re getting a bargain for a second-hand stroller but if you have to pay extra for additional items, you may discover getting a used UPPAbaby Vista isn’t as cheap as you originally thought.
Check for Recalls
Always check for baby item recalls before buying a second-hand item. These are posted on government websites such as the US Consumer Product Safety Commission or US Food and Drug Administration. These sites list all the items that are deemed as a threat to public health and safety.
Here, you’ll be able to find out if any UPPAbaby Vista strollers or their parts have been recalled for safety reasons. By checking for recalls, you can have peace of mind the used product you’re viewing is safe to get for your baby.
Ask About Returns
Most sellers of second-hand items are reluctant to offer returns. Check the policies on all marketplaces before deciding to buy a used stroller. Facebook Marketplace’s returns policy stipulates you’re expected to contact the seller yourself to handle any queries. Buyers can also submit a returns request on eBay but the seller will determine if it’s valid or not. Sellers may also state they don’t offer returns on purchase of the item.
Recrib allows you to return the item and they’ll immediately refund your credit card. But, to avoid having any problems, ask to view the item before purchasing it. This way you can rest assured the stroller is in good working order.
How Long Can You Use UPPAbaby Vista?
While the stroller itself doesn’t have an expiration date, the MESA Infant seat which comes with the UPPAbaby Vista, does. The seat expires seven years from the manufacturer’s date. The stroller is recommended for babies up to four years old and the bassinet for little ones up to six months old. Use these as guidelines when deciding how long to use the UPPAbaby Vista stroller.
It’s no secret that the UPPAbaby Vista V2 stroller is one of the most expensive strollers on the market! And, raising a family isn’t cheap either! Finding affordable baby items isn’t always easy and many parents are opting for used products such as strollers.
Looking at second-hand UPPAbaby Vista strollers is an alternative worth exploring. But, do your homework and find out what a new UPPAbaby Vista V2 Stroller costs and what features it has so you know what to look out for when looking for a pre-used stroller.