If your older baby is a heavy wetter and you’re on the hunt for pull-ups that are absorbent enough to keep your little one dry overnight, you’ve come to the right place! I’m comparing seven of the best overnight pull-ups for heavy wetters, saving you the hassles of having to do all the research yourself.
Overnight pull-ups for heavy wetters encourage “big kid” independence while keeping them dry. They offer extra absorbency and some brands include protection features such as leak guards. Odor masking, hypoallergenic liners, and the right fit also offer extra protection for heavy wetters.
- My Best Overnight Pull-Ups for Heavy Wetters:
- Comparing my top 3 choices
- 1. Pampers Goodnites Underwear
- 2. Huggies Night-time Pull-Ups
- 3. Cuties Sleepovers Bedwetting Underwear
- 4. Pampers Ninjamas Bedwetting Underwear
- 5. Pampers Easy Ups
- 6. Seventh Generation Training Pants
- 7. Bamboo Nature Premium Training Pants
- What to consider when buying an overnight pull-up for heavy wetters
My Best Overnight Pull-Ups for Heavy Wetters:
- Pampers Goodnites Underwear
- Huggies Night-time Pull-Ups
- Cuties Sleepovers Bedwetting Underwear
- Pampers Ninjamas Bedwetting Underwear
- Pampers Easy Ups
- Seventh Generation Training Pants
- Bamboo Nature Premium Training Pants
Comparing my top 3 choices
|Pampers Goodnites Underwear||Huggies Nighttime Pull-Ups||Cuties Sleepover Bedwetting Underwear|
|Extra absorbency with 5 layers||Extra absorbency with wetness indicator||Ultra-absorbent core|
|Reinforced leg barriers||Snug thigh fit||Extra leak protection|
|Odor absorption||No odor masking||No odor masking|
|Stretchy waistband||Stretchy sides||Stretchy waistband and sides|
|Available in 4 sizes||Available in 2 sizes||Available in 3 sizes|
Your little one will feel like a “big kid” wearing these overnight underwear without having to face embarrassment in the morning because of bedwetting.
- Offer 40% more nighttime protection with 5 layers
- Extra absorbency
- Reinforced leg barriers
- Odor absorption
- Stretchy waistband
- Extra padding in the front for boys
- Available in 4 sizes – XS, S/M, L, and XL (from 28 to 140 lbs.)
Why consider it
Pamper Goodnites are suitable for older babies weighing from 28 lbs up to teenagers who are still battling with bedwetting. They’re comfortable to wear with ultra-stretchy waistbands for a super-fit while being easy to put on and take off. You don’t have to worry about your heavy wetter being damp and cold all night with these pull-ups offering 5 layers of absorbency.
Reinforced leg barriers also keep the leaks in and not on the bed! Another great feature is odor absorption, saving your child from waking up to embarrassing smells. These nighttime underwear come in different colors and patterns appealing to all ages.
- Super-easy for little children to pull up and down on their own
- Excellent absorbency for overnight bedwetting
- Works for both side and tummy sleepers
- Not as discreet with a bulkier design
- Expensive compared to regular pull-ups
Huggies’ pull-ups are good for potty training while cultivating “big kid” independence. The brand’s nighttime pull-ups make it easier for your toddler to sleep through without worrying about wetting the bed.
- Extra absorbency for over 12 hours of protection
- Refastenable, velcro sides for easy changing during the night
- Stretchy sides for easy pulling up and down
- Design fades indicating wetness level
- Cute Disney designs
- Available in 2 sizes – 2T-3T and 3T-4T
Why consider it
These pull-ups are available for both boys and girls. They’re suitable for toddlers weighing from 16 to 40 lbs. Designed to look and feel just like grown-up underwear, your little one will love being able to pull up and down their own training pants with stretchy sides. The fit is also perfect while being comfortable at the same time.
Refastenable sides make it easy for you to change your little one discreetly in the middle of the night. These pull-ups have extra absorbency, keeping even heavy wetters dry throughout the night. The Disney design fades indicating wetness, promoting potty training at the same time.
- Kids love the fun and colorful designs
- Velcro sides for easy changing
- Not available for bigger children weighing over 40 lbs.
- Velcro sides aren’t suitable for sensitive skins
Watch this informative video demonstrating how the Huggies Night-time Pull-Ups work.
Your toddler or older kid will love these pull-ups that look and feel like underwear, protecting them at night even if they’re heavy wetters. The discreet design gives older children more confidence when wearing this underwear at night, preventing any embarrassment associated with bedwetting. They’re also good for kids with sensitive skin.
- Ultra-absorbent core for locking in wetness
- Stretchy sides and waistband for a snug fit and easy pull up and down
- Soft with hypoallergenic liners
- Extra leak protection
- Unisex design
- Available in 3 sizes – SM/M, L/XL, and L (from 38 to 140 lbs.)
Why consider it
If your child has sensitive skin, these pull-ups with a hypoallergenic liner (consisting of Vitamin E and Aloe ingredients) will help prevent any nasty rashes. The soft, stretchy sides and legs make this underwear comfortable to wear but still offer a snug fit while sleeping.
The ultra-absorbent core prevents leaks before they start so your little one stays dry through the night. Your older child can also wear this bedwetting underwear as they’re designed to fit young adults weighing up to 140 lbs.
- Comfortable fit even for children with larger build
- Breathable texture
- Plain white design is boring for children
If your Ninja-loving toddler needs extra nighttime protection, they’ll love wearing these Ninjamas! Designed to encourage “big kid” independence, this underwear will keep your little one dry overnight even if they’re heavy wetters. Features
- FormFit waistband for added comfort and proper fit
- OdorMask for hiding smells
- Lockaway Channel technology for all-night protection
- QuietCloth material for discreteness and no sounds
- Available in fun colors and designs
- Comes in 2 sizes – S/M and L (from 38 to 95 lbs.)
Why consider it
These underwear come with Pampers’ unique Lockaway Channel technology, keeping your child dry throughout the night. The quick-drying top layer protects your little one’s skin from wetness. And, they don’t need to worry about overnight smells with the inclusion of OdorMask, the brand’s patented technology keeping odors at bay.
The FormFit waistband expands to fit your child’s waist snugly, keeping them comfortable while sleeping. The stretchy waistband also makes it easy for your older baby to pull their own underwear up and down. The fabric is breathable with a natural feel and free of parabens and latex PLUS the material is quiet, so your child isn’t disturbed whenever they wiggle and turn over at nighttime.
- Fun patterns
- Absorb liquids quickly
- Good for potty training
- Strong perfume smell
Read my comparison review between Pampers Ninjamas / Goodnites if you’re deciding between these two pull-ups for your heavy wetter.
These potty training pull-ups can be used for daytime and nighttime wearing. Its features help with most bedwetters, keeping your little one dry throughout the night. They’re fun, easy to wear, and make your little one feel all grown up! In another article, I compared Easy Ups to Cruisers, both from Pampers.
- Refastenable sides for easy changing
- 360° stretchy waistband for easy pull up and down
- All-night leak protection with Dual Leak-Guard Barrier
- Extra absorbent channels to take away wetness
- Available in 4 sizes – 2T-3T, 3T-4T, 4T-5T, and 5T-6T ( from 16 to 41 lbs.)
- Comes in fun designs and colors
Why consider it
These comfortable pull-ups are so easy for your little one to pull up and down in a hurry! While they’re good for daytime use, your toddler will feel confident using them at nighttime too with added leak protection and extra absorbency. And, if you have to do a midnight check, it’s simple with the refastenable sides.
The stretchy all-around waistband not only ensures a snug fit but your little one won’t complain of tabs digging into their skin. The soft outer layer is covered in fun characters, suitable for both boys and girls. And, you can start using these training pants as soon as your little one reaches 16 lbs.!
- Sides open easily for quick changes
- Minimal leakage with leg barriers
- Prevents blowouts
- May be difficult to find the right fit
If you’re looking for an eco-friendly solution, these training pants are a good pick. They’re cute with animal designs and absorbent enough to keep even heavy wetters dry at nighttime. They also look like underwear, encouraging “big kid” independence when potty training.
- Good for sensitive skins with 0% chlorine bleaching and free of lotions and fragrances
- Premium absorbency with absorbent core
- Easy tear-away sides for quick changes
- Cute animal designs on front
- Available in 3 sizes – 2T-3T, 3T-4T, 4T-5T (up to 38 lbs.)
Why consider it
These training pants are ideal for children with sensitive skin. The product is made with no chlorine chemicals, lotions, or fragrances which may otherwise cause nasty allergies and skin rashes. The easy tear-away sides make it simple for middle-of-the-night changes if necessary. However, the super-absorbent core should keep your little one all night long, offering extra leak protection.
The animal designs make it easy for your child to tell the difference between the front and back when putting this underwear on. And, they’re suitable for both boys and girls. They’re also easy for your little one to pull up and down whenever using the potty.
- Hypoallergenic for sensitive skins
- Slim design for discreteness
- Kids love the animal designs
- May not be suitable for super soakers
These eco-friendly pull-ups are also superabsorbent, suitable for most heavy wetters overnight. They’re comfortable, look like grown-up underwear, and are gentle on your little one’s skin.
- Free of harmful chemicals
- Offers up to 12 hours of absorbent protection
- Includes a wetness indicator
- Breathable and ultra-soft materials for minimizing rashes
- Flexible side panels and stretchy waistband
- Available in 3 sizes – 4,5, and 6 (from 15 to 40 lbs.)
Why consider it
These plain white training pants are easy for your toddler to pull up and down with a stretchy waistband and side panels. They’re suitable for little ones with sensitive skin, and manufactured with no harmful preservatives, parabens, or perfumes. The training pants offer premium absorbency, keeping your little one dry for up to 12 hours. The wetness indicator also helps you to see if a change is necessary.
These pull-ups are certified eco-friendly for parents who are looking for an environmentally-sustainable option in training pants. And, they can be worn by both boys and girls.
- Great for children who battle with nappy rashes
- Ultra-soft and comfortable
- May be difficult to get the right fit for bigger children
What to consider when buying an overnight pull-up for heavy wetters
The key to keeping heavy wetters dry at night is absorbency. Look out for features such as ultra-absorbent cores, absorbent channels, and a number of layers. These features help to draw liquid away from your little one’s skin, keeping them dry for longer.
While unisex pull-ups work well, gender-specific designs do offer absorbency where it counts. Pull-ups for boys have extra padding in the front while girls have more absorbency in the middle.
Super-absorbency goes a long way to preventing leakage. But, additional features such as reinforced leg barriers or leak guards give you peace of mind your toddler will stay dry without leaks down the legs. It also means the bed stays dry preventing your little one from being damp and cold overnight.
Size and fit
The proper fit is important not only for comfort but to prevent leakage as well. Features such as a stretchy waistband and flexible side panels give added comfort while offering a snug, customized fit at the same time. The right fit also prevents movement of the pull-ups if your toddler is a tosser-and-turner while sleeping.
If you want to avoid changing over to a new brand as your child grows older, find one that offers a wide range of sizes.
The older your child gets, the more embarrassed they’ll feel if they’re heavy wetters. Pull-ups that include odor masking technology help to keep the bad smells away when waking up in the morning. This way, your child can feel more confident wearing these pull-ups which don’t give them away!
Overnight pull-ups should also look and feel like underwear to encourage “big kid” independence. They should be easy for your little one to pull up and down on their own with stretchy waistbands and side panels. And, cute designs and colors should be age-appropriate.
Refastenable or easy tear-away sides are a bonus if you like to check your child for wetness in the middle of the night. Wetness indicators are also useful features both for checking and promoting potty training.
Are pull-ups absorbent enough for overnight?
Most pull-ups are absorbent enough for overnight use. However, if your little one is a heavy wetter, look for pull-ups that offer extra absorbency and are specifically designed for nighttime use. Look out for features such as leak guards which offer more protection. Snug fits that offer less movement at night also offer fewer chances of leakage.
When should I stop using pull-ups at night?
Most children can stop using pull-ups by the time they reach four or five years old. But, if your child is still bedwetting at six years old, continue using pull-ups and speak to your pediatrician for advice.
Do I need a different pull-up for a girl than for a boy?
Gender-specific pull-ups can help to offer more absorbency where it’s needed. Those designed for boys have extra padding in the front while girls have extra absorbent layers in the middle. Getting a different pull-up for girls and boys can be useful if they’re heavy wetters as the additional absorbency features will help to contain more liquid.
Can kids wear pull-ups overnight?
When potty training your kid, pull-ups or training pants are excellent for helping them get used to using the toilet. They’re also good for overnight wearing especially if your child is a heavy wetter but doesn’t get up to go to the toilet at night. Make sure you get ones that offer extra absorbency and leak guards for additional protection at night time.
While my top seven pull-ups all offer good features for heavy wetters, my top pick is Pampers Goodnites Underwear. These pull-ups offer extra absorbency plus reinforced leg barriers for more protection at nighttime. They’re also available in four sizes, saving you the hassles of changing over to another brand if your older child is still a heavy wetter.
Or are you on the lookout for one of the top diapers for heavy wetters, which I wrote about in another article?
Last update on 2022-09-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API