Keeping your baby close, especially at night, is something that’s often on the mind of many new parents. And with so many products in the market, parents can have a hard time deciding which one best fits their requirements. In this review, you’ll get a comparison of the Halo vs SNOO co-sleeping solutions to make your search easier. Besides, as my fianceé always says, babies are too cute, cuddly, delicate to sleep far from her. All she wants to do is hug and keep them safe, and maybe you, too as a dad, right?
To make your life easier, my top pick is the SNOO Smart Sleeper. Continue reading to find out why.
What smart sleeps are and why you should consider them
Bringing home your new bundle of joy is exciting, but where will they sleep? That’s when Halo Bassinest and SNOO Smart Sleeper comes into the equation. Since sharing the same bed with the baby is not advised, the bedside sleeper allows newborns to sleep next to the mom safely and comfortably for easy and convenient nighttime nursing.
Apart from bringing your child near you, these two smart sleepers are meant to provide soothing features to the baby. They are fitted with soothing sounds, vibrations, and lullabies to get your child back to sleep.
Main features – Similarities and Differences
Before you buy anything, you want to be sure you know what you are in for. I have highlighted the differences and similarities using the most basic features parents look at when making a purchase.
You don’t want to go hard on your bank account even though you need the best solution for your baby. If you are on a strict budget, the Halo Bassinest Swivel Sleeper might be an excellent option for you. Those who are willing to go all the way up with their budget, you might consider going the SNOO way. Whichever product you choose, you will get excellent features with either option.
Anything that your baby sleeps on needs to have safety features to keep your loved once safe. A shaky base could put your kid at risk of falling. Both the Halo and SNOO Sleeper come with firm support to hold your baby in place.
They also have mesh walls for breathability, ensuring that your baby does not suffocate. The material used to make both products are non-toxic, making them a safe space for babies to enjoy their stay.
You will probably want to move your baby sleeper around the house. Both products are a bit heavier hence they require some muscles to move it around. The Halo Bassinest Swivel Sleeper, however, is slightly lighter than the SNOO Smart Sleeper. Jump below to each product’s review to learn about exact numbers.
Ease of cleaning
We all know how messy kids can be. One crucial factor you should consider before purchasing any baby item is how easy it will be to clean. I love these two options because you can easily remove the fabric and mattress for cleaning.
An excellent baby sleeper should be more than just a sleeping space for the baby and go a mile ahead to soothe the baby. Both options have been designed with features like calming sounds, lullabies, and vibrations to put your baby back to sleep.
But in soothing features, SNOO Smart Sleeper gets the winning trophy. It is fitted with technological apps that not only soothe your baby but it can automatically detect a distressed baby and determine the best soothing approach to apply.
Not all baby sleepers are suitable for all ages. The maximum weight capacity for Halo Bassinest sleeper is 20 pounds, while SNOO Smart can hold up to 25 pounds. When shopping, it’s good to look for age and weight limits for your kid’s safety.
Which one to choose?
These two products perform the same functionality. With the above-given features, I’m sure you will be able to pick the one that meets your baby’s requirements. You can start by prioritizing features that are very critical to ensure the maximum safety and comfort of your baby. In case your budget isn’t tight, it’s best to pick the best overall option, the SNOO Smart Sleeper because it simply offers more.
My Top Picks
Most Customizable – HALO Bassinest Swivel Sleeper
If your bedroom is short of space, a Halo Bassinest sleeper may be the right product for your little one. It will allow your new bundle of joy to sleep in the same room as you, but not in the same bed. The sleeper is fitted with a nightlight, vibration levels, soothing sounds, and lullabies with volume control and auto shut off to ensure your babies get maximum coziness. Bassinest sleeper provides a great way to keep your baby right next to your bed in the early months.
- Weight: 30 pounds
- Dimensions: 34.4*18.2*12 inches
- Material: Polyester
- Age and weight limit: Babies under 20 pounds
Reasons why you may love it
- Compact size – We all agree that babies come with a lot of stuff that can take up a lot of space. The good news is this sleeper won’t take up much space. Plus, before you buy a baby crib and prepare your baby’s nursery, this product can be a great substitution until you get everything ready.
- 360-degree swivel motion – This feature ensures that you can customize your sleeper and lower it to provide easy access to your baby. It brings your baby right at eye level, so he/she can feel calmed and soothed by your presence.
- Very safe – Its walls are mesh-like, which offer breathability to its users. It also has a 4-point base that provides firm stability.
- Convenient storage – It includes convenient storage pockets to ensure you keep baby essentials close to you.
- Comfortable sleeping space
- Easy to use
- The whole unit raises and lowers easily
- Easy to clean
- Waterproof mattress
- Stable and sturdy
- Maybe heavy to move around as it has no wheels
Best Overall – SNOO Smart Sleeper
I have never imagined that technology could solve an age-old problem, like getting a newborn to sleep better. I must admit, you will have to part with several if not a lot of bucks to get the SNOO Smart Sleeper, but it’s worth the hassle. It comes with promising high-tech features that are precious to both you as a parent and your baby.
- Weight: 38 pounds
- Dimensions: 36*16*32 inches
- Material: Cotton, wood, plastic
- Age: Babies under 6 months
- Max. weight limits: 25 lbs
Reasons why you may love it
- Tech-embedded – It is fitted with a responsive mobile app that lets you customize the setting. The app also tracks sleep to let you see the total amount your baby gets each day. The mobile app has convenient controls, soothing sound, and motions, as well as an immediate response to soothe your baby back to sleep.
- Very safe – It has secure swaddling, which prevents the baby from rolling to a precarious position during sleep. The base is also durable and sturdy to ensure the sleeper doesn’t fall.
- Minimalist design – Don’t worry if you are short of room to fit your baby’s crib. It is compact enough to place your baby just right beside your bed.
- Attractive design – It is probably the best-looking piece of baby stuff you can have.
- Compatibility with baby monitors – E.g. when using a Nanit Plus it should be possible to use both smart devices
- Breathable mesh design
- Tech-driven product
- Easy to assemble
- Easily customizable
- Very comfortable
- Convenient for nursing at night
- Easily washable
- Very expensive
I hope this review of Halo Bassinest Swivel Sleeper vs. SNOO Smart Sleeper will be a stepping stone for you to make your right decision. These two options will allow you to keep your baby close and make your nighttime nursing very convenient. My favorite out of these two however is the SNOO as it has tons of features and it’s compatible with some baby monitors if you want to go the most high tech way. You can find the details in another post I wrote. Both sleepers are modern sleepers in today’s tech-dominated world.
Last update on 2020-10-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API